Rive Gauche, 7 rue Chomel 75007 Paris
Île Saint-Louis, 18 rue Budé 75004 Paris
+33 1 42 84 80 84
Large mill with water rights
and electricity production
In Burgundy, strategic geographical area from a national and a European point of view; the region has developed economically and industrially and yet its rich heritage and traditions have been preserved.
- Motorway exit nearby.
- TGV train stations 30 and 40 minutes away (Paris in 75 minutes, Geneva in 90 minutes, Roissy CDG airport in 88 minutes).
- Shops and all amenities nearby.
- Schools nearby; sixth form college not far away.
- Lyon and Dijon less than an hour away by car.
The site has been occupied since the 14th century, the setting being extremely suitable for milling activities. Over time, the building was modernised and the mill extended. At the end of the 19th century, the activity was at its height, the buildings were vastly modified in line with mechanisation and river transportation of cereals and flours.
The property occupies the right bank, several islands and a dam, covering a total surface area of approx. 31,000 m² (7.7 acres). It is set on the outskirts of town. It is in an unspoilt area without any nuisances despite being just a few yards from a lively town centre. It is completely unoverlooked and gets the sun all through the day.
The main building is built on the river. It comprises a mezzanine, 3 stories and a vast amount of attic space. One facade of the building has a high strength bridge running along it that crosses the river and enables vehicles of up to 40 tons to reach the main island.
The ground floor (approx. 400 m² / 4,305 sq ft) comprises an entrance hall, a vestibule and two offices as well as a vast workshop, machine room and control room for the micro-power station.
The first floor (approx. 400 m² / 4,305 sq ft) was converted into a comfortable “loft” looking down on the river both upstream and down in 2005. Living area, 4 bedrooms, 2 shower rooms and a sauna.
The second floor (approx. 400 m² / 4,305 sq ft) is an empty space awaiting conversion but preparation works have been carried out (insulation, double glazing and preparation of the floor).
The third floor (approx. 220 m² / 2,368 sq ft) is currently attic space with a large exposed roofing framework. Conversion possibilities exist.
Annex building (former storage area) built in the 18th or 19th century and modernised in an Art-Deco style in the 20th century, reconverted in 2005. It comprises 4 stories with a lift, underfloor central heating throughout and double glazing.
The ground floor (approx. 250 m² / 2,691 sq ft) comprises professional premises for food products that meet current hygiene standards, a storage area, a cold room and a receiving hall.
First floor: landing, 150 m² (1,615 sq ft) exhibition room, 160 m² (1,722 sq ft) room able to contain a catering activity, bathroom and toilet facilities, 40 m² (431 sq ft) terrace overlooking the river.
Second floor: panoramic room opening on to a 160 m² (1,722 sq ft) terrace, second 150 m² (1,615 sq ft) room. Bathroom and toilet facilities.Attic space which could possibly be converted.
Outbuildings: a building with a floor surface area of 390 m² (4,198 sq ft) currently partly converted into offices; a workshop, garages for two large vehicles, a building on piles (250 m² / 2,691 sq ft), a metal bolted silo and an observatory.
Energy solutions: water rights with full French ownership and a micro-power station installed in 2005 in addition to a contract to sell electricity to the EDF, the French Electricity board
This easy to access mill is in an outstanding natural setting where the way of life is in line with nature and the seasons; with the advantage of having shops and schools nearby.
The sale of a mill, with full French ownership rights as regards the water, equipped with a recent, high-performance micro-power station is rare and guarantees significant profitability. The vast surface areas of the buildings make it possible to further increase the profitability of the premises through the organisation of a commercial activity (solid foundations as regards equipment).
The “industrial” side of the building and the originality of the setting is enough to initially surprise any visitors, but will certainly delight enthusiasts of unusual accommodation such as “lofts”. With origins dating back to 1430, it is the biggest mill in the region, and thus a precious part of the milling heritage from the 20th century in the Art-Deco style to be preserved.
Price : contact us
|Land registry surface area||3ha 10a 00ca / |
|Main building surface area||400 m² / 7305 sq ft (possibility of 1270 m² / 13 670 sq ft more)|
|Outbuilding surface area||1290 m² / 13 885 sq ft|
Bruno Gras       +33 (0)6 51 63 55 62
NB: The above information is not only the result of our visit to the property; it is also based on information provided by the current owner. It is by no means comprehensive or strictly accurate especially where surface areas and construction dates are concerned. We cannot, therefore, be held liable for any misrepresentation.