20th c. architecture for sale in barrois in france

A vast house from the 1950’s and its stable,
like a chalet set in a clearing, on the edge of a market town
Bar-le-Duc, MEUSE lorraine 55000 FR

Location

3½ hours from Brussels via the A26 motorway and 2 hours from Luxembourg.
2½ hours from Paris via the A4 motorway and just 30 minutes from a TGV train station with 58-minute links to the French capital.

Description

This property, on the outskirts of a large market town in the Barrois region which aligns superb middle-class houses, has virtually no neighbours.
The parklands, fully enclosed by fencing, are planted with magnificent trees.
A little gravel driveway provides a very pleasant walk in the shade to a stable, with four horse loose boxes, and an orchard.

The house

This house, standing slightly back from the road and more or less in the middle of the property, is concealed behind vegetation.
Its construction period stretches from 1949 to 1951.
Built of stone, brick and half-timbering, it spans three levels under a vast interlocking tile roof.


Garden level
This level comprises the technical rooms including a laundry room, with a shower, a boiler room, with a 2013 mains gas-fired boiler, two cellars, two garages and a toilet.
It also comprises a study as well as a lovely open space, laid out under stone arches, ideal for the hot summer weather.

Ground floor
The roof shelters the porch way and the steps leading up to it.
An oak wood door, complete with its small window panes, opens into a vestibule.
The original layout has been slightly transformed but there have not been any structural modifications.
The vast, central vestibule has become a dining room and the ladies’ sitting room, with its oak wood floor, opening on to an outdoor covered terrace has quite naturally been turned into a kitchen.
Two bedrooms, one of which has a balcony and a shower room, are set back from the living rooms.
The old kitchen, with its pantry, still has its original features, notably its cupboards with handles typical of the 1950’s, its glazed extraction hood and its pastel mosaic wall tiles.
It is currently used as a games room.
The lounge has a vast stone fireplace, fitted with a closed hearth fire. Its ceiling beams are exposed.
The white stone floor tiles, with their black inlaid decoration, enhance the luminosity of the reception rooms. All the windows are double glazed.

First floor
An oak wood stairway goes up to the landing. The rooms on this level still have their original wooden flooring.
A central corridor provides access to two bedrooms, a bathroom, a toilet and two attics which could be converted if so desired.

Our opinion

Like a delightful childhood memory, this house appears to be directly inspired by “La maison forestière” (the forest house), a superb construction game, composed of notched pieces of beech wood, created in 1941.
Its bright, functional terraces are extremely convivial.
The market town is particularly pleasant with its small shops and restaurants.
Two hectares of meadows could be additionally rented to go with the four horse loose boxes.

330 000 €
Honoraires à la charge du vendeur


Voir le Barème d'Honoraires

Reference 839910

Land registry surface area 5670 m2
Main building surface area 320 m2
Outbuilding surface area 84 m2

Regional representative
Aube, Marne Region


Florence Fornara       +33 1 42 84 80 85

contact

Share

send to a friend Pinterest twitter Facebook Google Plus

NB: The above information is not only the result of our visit to the property; it is also based on information provided by the current owner. It is by no means comprehensive or strictly accurate especially where surface areas and construction dates are concerned. We cannot, therefore, be held liable for any misrepresentation.

En poursuivant votre navigation, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies pour vous proposer des services et offres adaptés à vos centres d'intérêts et mesurer la fréquentation de nos services. OK En savoir plus