This chateau, 1¾ hours from Lille, 2¼ hours from Brussels and Calais as well as 3 hours from Luxembourg, is in a natural region, featuring valleys where woods, orchards and pastureland leave little room for crops. It contrasts with the many monotonous, rolling, limestone hills of the neighbouring regions. Springs abound, rivers crisscross the land in every direction and the quantity of running water explains the beauty of the forest cover.
The region, like a little Normandy set between those areas in northern France renowned for their Champagne and beer, produces cider.
This property is in a dominant position on the outskirts of a little village with less than 300 inhabitants.
This chateau is a superb brick and stone building, topped with steep slate roofs. Its construction began in 1780, on the site of an old medieval fortress, and was completed in 1782.
It comprises a 2-storey building, flanked at each of its ends by two taller, slightly projecting pavilions, with roofs featuring breaks and roof dormers. It is extended on the left-hand side by a small, 2-storey building. The openings alone are enough to make the composition of this chateau sober and harmonious. They are identical on the rear facade, facing the parklands.
The double, oak wood, glazed doors, in the centre of the building, are topped with an inflected pediment, bearing the coat-of-arms of the commissioning lord.
The outbuildings comprise several aligned buildings, constructed from quarry stone blocks, brick and stone.
The first houses a theatre, the second a stable with four horse loose boxes, a dwelling comprising a kitchen, a dining room, three bedrooms and a bathroom, as well as a garage and a workshop.
Behind these buildings are a henhouse and a 10x30 m, sandy riding arena.
A hectare of pastureland with a shelter is at the end of the parklands.
As was often the case in the 18th century, this chateau did not feel the need to shine with frills or fancies or other extravagances: its elegance, resulting from its regularity and balance, was obvious. Two pavilion roofs with breaks on either side were enough to discreetly adorn the verticality of the building. The pleasant way of life existing here is demonstrated by the horizontal lines, simply enhanced by a string course on one of the facades. This reserve of good taste is also intended to make way for the garden treasures, as if the building was consciously hand in glove with its natural surroundings.
1 800 000 €
Honoraires à la charge du vendeur
À Paris et en Ile-de-France
Prix de vente au-delà de 600 000 euros 5% TTC*
Prix de vente de 400 000 à 600 000 euros 6% TTC*
Prix de vente de 200 000 À 400 000 euros 7% TTC*
Prix de vente jusqu'à 200 000 euros 9% TTC*
Honoraires à la charge du Vendeur
Prix de vente au-delà de 500 000 euros 6% TTC*
Prix de vente jusqu'à 500 000 euros 30 000 Euros TTC* (forfait)
Honoraires à la charge du Vendeur
Avis de valeur argumenté : 1 800 Euros TTC*
Expertise à partir de 2 400 Euros TTC*
Les tarifs des expertises sont communiqués sur devis personnalisé établi sur la base d’un taux horaire moyen de 120 Euros TTC*
*TTC : TVA incluse au taux de 20 %
|Land registry surface area||4 ha 13 a 97 ca|
|Main building surface area||750 m2|
|Outbuilding surface area||1000 m2|
Aube, Marne Region
Florence Fornara       +33 1 42 84 80 85
NB: The above information is not only the result of our visit to the property; it is also based on information provided by the current owner. It is by no means comprehensive or strictly accurate especially where surface areas and construction dates are concerned. We cannot, therefore, be held liable for any misrepresentation.