a 3* residential campsite set in 35 ha in the Aquitaine region
In the very heart of the Aquitaine region, in the French department of Lot-et-Garonne, equidistant from Bordeaux and Toulouse.
Near to the town of Agen, with its urban area of 100,000 inhabitants, its aerodrome with three daily return flights to Paris-Orly, its TGV train station with 190-minute links to Paris and its A62 motorway slip road.
Bordeaux (80 minutes) and Toulouse (60 minutes) airports have flights to numerous international destinations.
A 17th century chateau, redesigned in the 19th century, comprising on the ground floor (approx. 700 m²):
- three fully equipped conference rooms (video, sound system, screen, WIFI) with a capacity varying from 20 to 150 people. Its particular feature is a sound-proof partition which makes it possible to hold two events at the same time.
- a 40-cover restaurant, a professional kitchen, with an immense, 17th century, stone fireplace and a small adjacent 40 m² lounge.
- a club house-brasserie for the golf course, changing rooms for men and women, showers and toilets.
- an immense garage, storerooms and a boiler room take up the remainder of the floor surface area on this level.
- parklands shaded by cedar trees, often used for functions.
- two swimming pools (200 and 150 m²).
- a tennis court.
- a residential campsite at a short distance comprising 40 mobile homes (30 sleeping 4/5 people and 10 sleeping 5/6 people); all with mains drainage connected to a private sewage plant. The facilities are ten years old; the insides were redone five years ago. They all have reversible air-conditioning.
Occupancy is guaranteed in the summer by tourists. The rest of the year they are subject to long-term rental contracts to professionals such as the SNCF (French railway company), the EDF (French electricity board) and the nuclear power plant in Golfech.
Some vacant sites are available for camper vans, caravans and tents.
Ideal for families with access to two large swimming pools, one of which is a paddling pool for toddlers.
Ideal for sports enthusiasts: tennis, mini-golf and table tennis with numerous hikes available in the local surroundings, a multi-use path is but two minutes away!
- three lakes, one of which spans 4 hectares.
- a 18-hole golf course with a full watering system courtesy of the proximity of the Garonne.
THE FLOOR SURFACE AREAS IN THE CHATEAU
Ground floor.…....................700 m²
First floor………...................520 m²
Second floor….....................420 m²
Attic space to be converted..100 m²
The first and second floors of the chateau are converted into flats which are occupied by the owners.
It is easy to imagine a hotel and catering activity.
Two French limited (SARL) management companies.
One manages the conference, restaurant and mobile home section; the other manages the golf course and the club-house section.
Investors will have an accurate analysis as regards this golf course.
We would be tempted to add: a truly Gascon character to be turned into a high-class meeting place in the heart of the south-west of France.
Currently under what is virtually family management, fired by a great deal of enthusiasm and energy, this ideally located, magical property is but waiting to be further developed, expanded and enhanced.
|Land registry surface area||39 ha 47 a 58 ca|
|Main building surface area||1700 m2|
|Outbuilding surface area||120 m2|
|Number of bedrooms||9|
Armelle Chiberry du Vignau +33 1 42 84 80 85
NB: The above information is not only the result of our visit to the property; it is also based on information provided by the current owner. It is by no means comprehensive or strictly accurate especially where surface areas and construction dates are concerned. We cannot, therefore, be held liable for any misrepresentation.