Add to favorites
Log in to your personal space
What city-dweller doesn't dream of spending time with alone their thoughts and nature, far from the hustle and bustle that usually surrounds them? On the edge of a Gâtinais village and less than an hour from Paris, this former Tourelles orangery (whose recent renovation combines old materials with modern comforts) creates an inspiring atmosphere for seminars and business meetings. During moments of relaxation, the wooded park will breathe life into creative minds. The main house, which has preserved all the features of its noble past, will no doubt stimulate any artist of the 7th art's imagination.
We chose to settle in Essonne because we wanted to live in the countryside whilst also being less than an hour from Paris.
The main building is a mansion that dates back to the 18th century. What enchanted us was the way the property's sober exterior contrasts with the rich interior features such as the majestic staircase of honour and the oval living room with wooden panelling, parquet flooring, a fireplace and paintings from the 18th and 19th centuries. The estate also has some interesting outbuildings (including the orangery and the gardener's pavilion) and a six-hectare park.
In 1584, François de Balzac d'Entragues acquired the seigneury of Boissy. His daughter, Marie-Charlotte (sister of Henry IV's mistress, Catherine-Henriette Balzac d'Entragues) enlarged it and it soon had a farm, a farm building, a large main building and all sorts of land including woods, vineyards and meadows. Marie-Charlotte continued to enlarge the property and acquired the right to build a chapel and a dovecote. In 1656, she donated the estate to the Hôtel-Dieu de Paris. Guillaume de Lamoignon became the owner in 1659 and resold to Nicolas de Montauzan in 1681. The estate was established as a fief on 30 July 1681 and was named the stronghold of Artois (the name came from Madame de Montauzan maiden name, she was born Louise d'Artois). When Nicolas de Montauzan passed away, his two sons Nicolas and Pierre inherited the stronghold of Artois in joint ownership. Following the financial difficulties of Nicolas de Montauzan, the stronghold was divided up and the field of Tourelles was returned to Pierre de Montauzan. When he died in 1753, he bequeathed it to his first cousin, Jean Lemée, who was a prosecutor at the Châtelet of Paris. He then donated it to his godson and nephew, Charles Jean Cormier, in 1761. In 1802, the property was sold by his sisters and heirs to Jean-Baptiste Mesnard, a notary in Paris. His wife, Mrs. Adelaide Chavet, passed it down to her daughter, Amelie Mesnard (wife of Jules Eugene Hardouin, advisor to the Court of Cassation) in 1857. When Mrs. Hardouin died in 1888, the estate was passed on to her son, Jules. At the beginning of the 20th century, the estate was divided. One of the two pavilions housing a farm was sold, it is now an organic farm. The rest of the estate remained in the same family until 2015, when we became the owners.
The Tourelles estate with a six-hectare park is an inspiring place close to nature, it is ideal for working in a peaceful setting. We provide co-working spaces for welcoming clients, candidates or partners and an orangery for team meetings, workshops or seminars. We also offer sports and relaxation sessions in the summer.
The estate is located in the Gâtinais Regional Park, walking trails are accessible from the park. Just twenty minutes away by car are the Chamarande estate, Jeurre and its factories and the castles of Courances, Courson, the Marais, Saint-Jean de Beauregard and Saussay. Very close to the estate is the Tourelles organic grocery store which offers fresh and local seasonal vegetables. There are some excellent restaurants in the area - "Le Coup de Feu" in Breux-Jouy and "Le Valromey" in Arpajon are less than ten minutes from the estate.
The mansion is open for filming. Film crews (for short and feature-length films) are particularly appreciative of the salons because they offer a beautiful antique patina, 4.2 metre-high ceilings, period furniture and beautiful lighting. The park and the two courts form a large space which is useful for the logistics of filming.