What is its history ?
It was in 1642 that Hector d'Armand de Forest, having sold his stronghold in Blacons of Roche-Saint-Secret, carried this toponym to the territory of Mirabel and named the Domaine de Blacons which had previously been known as the "château".
During the 18th century, the Florentines had paper mills installed in Blacons on behalf of the Marquis de Blacons. In 1788, Henri François Lucretius d'Armand de Forest (Marquis de Blacons) was a representative of the nobility at the Assemblées du Dauphiné in Vizille and Romans. As an ardent supporter of the abolition of privileges, he was in favour of the third state. In 1790, he signed a protest petition against the excesses of the Revolution. In 1791, he sold all his goods and ran away to South Africa and then the United States, where he got married.
Having already changed hands, the Marquis’ former belongings were on sale in 1806. They were sold in two lots, the first lot (which included the "château" of Blacons) went to André Charles Antoine Gailhard. The second (which included the mills and the grounds) was bought by our ancestors Paul René and Barthélemy Lombard-Latune, two brothers who were industrialists and cloth merchants in Crest. It was in 1901 that our family, owner of the paper mills, acquired the "château" which is now known as the Domain de Blacons.