Add to favorites
Log in to your personal space
Surrounded by its outbuildings and on the edge of a village, this manor cuts a fine figure. The simplicity of the architecture, enhanced by the round-cut staircase tower, allows the stone and tiled roofs to reflect the soft Axonian light. There is no shortage of majesty inside either - large reception rooms, French ceilings, monumental stone fireplaces and parquet floors with large slats are all decorated with a warm and refined decor. The library, fabrics and carpets give reassurance that happy days will be spent here.
Originally from Aisne, my husband and I wanted to get involved in the restoration of an old property with the goal of putting it into everyday use. The buildings located at the entrance to the village of Largny-sur-Automne form this well-preserved mansion with an independent farmhouse, where a variety of activities can exist in harmony. The village overlooks the Autumn Valley which is rich in historic sites. It is an easily accessible and well-connected place, distant without being isolated. It enchanted us with its dimensions that remain managable and warm for groups of family or friends. During the autumn and winter, the stables house around twenty horses. Horse riding is a family passion we all share, it allows us to discover the forest that is right on our doorstep. An independent farmhouse has been converted into a holiday cottage (listed on the Artagnan equestrian route) in order to accommodate horses and riders, walkers and cyclists in a simple yet comforting place.
The manor is surrounded by old farm buildings which, despite a series of historical conflicts, have retained their identity. Built from cut stone, the manor is rectangular with the traditional layout of a Renaissance manor from the 15th and 16th centuries in this region. The centre of the south facade features a turret with cut sides and a wide spiral staircase. The mark of the fief is displayed at the top of this tower's old dovecote. One of the interior doors opening onto the staircase dates back to the time of construction and features a style of decoration known as "serviettes repliées" (folded towels). The ground floor of the main building consists of the large hall with an imposing stone fireplace which dates back to the end of the 15th/beginning of the 16th century.
The Fief de la Cour's origins merge with the history of the Valois and the Counts of Crépy. It belonged to the Countess Éléonore from 1194. The Fief de la Cour was later passed to the Condren family in 1589, members included Messire Guillaume de Condren who was counselor and butler to the King. In 1780, great chemist Lavoisier bought the Fief and built a large estate in the region his family came from. The Fief de la Cour was the most important farm in the village throughout the 19th and 20th centuries and until the 2000s. The manor now replaces the fortified house of the counts of Crépy at the entrance to the village. The fortified house that once stood here would watch over the passage of the old road from Crépy to Villers-Cotterêts and Soissons.
We hand over they keys and leave the entire mansion to families or groups of friends who have chosen to stay there. Completely restored in 2017, it is a characterful, comfortable house, ideal for family reunions or as accommodation for a wedding (Longpont abbey, Morienval abbey, Montgobert castle and Pierrefonds castle are all venues nearby). The property is equally ideal for exploring the region or simply resting. Children will be safe in the enclosed garden with walls and barriers, and games are also available for them. The dining area under the arbor is perfect for sunny days. Guests are provided with the following: a library, professional Wi-Fi, aperitifs, after-dinner liqueurs, basic kitchen products and household. We can help our guests to arrange tours, book a taxi, put them in contact with a caterer, and, depending on the period, suggest a spot for fly fishing or horse riding.
Just outside the manor, a large walking loop is a great starting point for exploring local habitats. The Wallu mill and ponds are worth a visit in the Autumn Vallye. The towering Keep of Vez has regular exhibitions of contemporary art. Preserved in a valley are the Abbey of Longpré and the Château des Fossés which feature in the works of Alexandre Dumas. Tours of the remarkable gardens of La Muette are available on the way back to Largny. Across valleys, plains and forests, private houses open for tours in the spring, they offer an intimate experience away from the hustle and bustle. A walk through the forest of Villers-Cotterêts is not to be missed, the Longpont Abbey and small restaurants at its heart offer a welcome break. The forest of Compiègne, a 20-minute drive away, is also worth exploring, you will pass through Pierrefonds and its famous fortified castle which stands majestically between field and forest. Still in the Compiègne forest, a detour to Saint-Jean-au-Bois and its gourmet inn La Bonne Idée will not disappoint. The Auberge du Mont Saint-Mard in Vieux-Moulin is also an excellent restaurant.
1500 € per week-end
The main entrance is located at the base of the tower. It leads to the great hall, the living room, the library and the dining room. On the same side as the impressive chimney is a large and fully equipped kitchen where guests can enjoy their meals. The spiral staircase leads to the upper floors. On the first floor are two spacious bedrooms with king size beds, each fitted with a bathroom and toilet. On the second are two bedrooms with en suites on either side of the corridor. One is equipped with a king size bed, the other with two separate beds. One reaches the top floor from the corridor. There are three single beds in the attic room and a passage leads to a double bedroom located at the top of the timber-framed tower. This mini-suite has its own bathroom and toilet.